I found this picture recently and it reminded me of a kayak trip Joe and I took around the time we became engaged. As a result, I'm daydreaming of the water again today. It's amusing to step back and notice how little I obsessively thought about being out on the water when I was living on it and had regular access to it. Now that I'm in Newmarket, it's nearly always on my mind. Why?!

I'm entertaining the idea of doing some December boating since the water isn't frozen yet. I'm not entirely convinced it's safe because Georgian bay can be so unpredictable sometimes. Also, I'm not so sure that Joe will go for it and my mom starts trying to talk me out of kayaking as soon as October hits.. I've not yet figured out why she chooses October as the cut-off. It's one of the most beautiful times of the year to go out. Regardless, I look forward to spring and in the mean time there's always snowshoeing and my good old cross country skis.

If we have a green Christmas I'm going kayaking on Christmas day just so I can say that I did it. If I can go on my wedding day, surely this is acceptable.
Yes, there'll be pictures.


2 comments:

Ron Erwin said...

Hey,

Paddling has always been a big part of my life. I watch Bill Mason's film "Water Walker" every March. It helps get me through till the spring thaw!

Paddling in Dec. is too cold for me!

Ron

Leslie Puiras said...
This comment has been removed by the author.